Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Loonie Stampers Challenge #47

Things are still really hot here and we need rain desperately. It's in the forecast but so far only a few sprinkles. Our grass is dying so hopefully we get some soon. I know so many of my friends are getting nothing but rain right now so I can't really complain.

Today's card is another Loonie Stampers Challenge. I had SO much trouble with this card. I couldn't figure out how to combine the colors at first and I didn't have any vision about what to do so I just started making it and I kind of like the way it turned out. The colors I had to use were Papertrey's Scarlet Jewel, Aqua Mist, Ripe Avocado, and Lemon Tart. I didn't want the Scarlet Jewel to overpower the card since it's such a strong, dark color.


I made the card base from the Scarlet Jewel cardstock and added a layer of Lemon Tart with the corners rounded. I used my Cuttlebug Flower die for the flowers and cut out a bunch of different sizes out of each of the colors of cardstock. I just messed around with them to see which colors went the best together and embossed some of them with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I then added a button to each flower and adhered them all together then added them to the card with 3D foam squares. To finish it off I punched holes for the stems using my paper piercer and hand stitched each stem with DMC thread and then added my sentiment. It's funny because I don't sew at all (not even buttons) but I'll spend the time to hand stitch on cards! After looking at the card now, I think I need to add some leaves to it because it looks a little funny without them I think. Maybe I'll add them later.


Recipe

Stamps: Mega Mixed Messages (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: Scarlet Jewel, Aqua Mist, Ripe Avocado, Lemon Tart (PTI)
Ink: Scarlet Jewel (PTI)
Accents: 3D Foam Squares (CTMH); DMC Floss; Buttons (PTI)

Tools: Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (Provocraft); Cuttlebug Flowers (Provocraft); Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Corner Rounder (EK Success)

Have a great day,

6 comments:

maria fiscella said...

You played again, Sue! I love what you did with the challenge...your stitching is fabulous:) Dee did pick a toughie for us, didn't she?!? You should have seen the emails the other Loonies were sending her way...we kid because we love!

Deanna said...

Wowzers! Totally love it! Brilliant! See they weren't so tough after all! :)

Julie-Ann Wells (Jewels) said...

I LOVE your card!! You have used the colors (which I personally was stumped by) and made them in this perfectly cute card!!!

The Ballards said...

I am SO proud of you Sue. Your cards amaze me and I think back to that hot August day when you put your foot down. LOVE to see your beautiful creations!

Anonymous said...

OMG! You win! This is truly amazing, I love everything about it! You need to brag about this one!

Ann said...

Ooooh, gorgeous! I love what you did with these colors!