Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hunter's first birthday

Hunter's first birthday was back in May (yes, I'm WAY late on posting). First, here's a photo of the birthday boy with Nana, who was here visiting for a few months.

And the dragon cake I made. This was my first attempt at making anything other than your basic cake and it turned out pretty well, I think.

And the birthday boy with his cake. He had it EVERYWHERE and I had to give him a bath right away before he could open his presents.

And now, the card I made for him. I used my CTMH watercolor pencils and a blending pen to color the giraffe. Unfortunately I only have a few colors so I can't shade them or anything. I recently bought some Prismacolor pencils so I need to learn how to use them soon.


Recipe

Stamps: Nursery Bash (Close to my Heart)
Cardstock: Stampers Select White (Papertrey Ink); Garden Green, Indian Corn Blue (CTMH)
Patterned Paper: Nana's Nursery Baby Boy (Die Cuts With a View)
Ink: Garden Green, Indian Corn Blue, Taffy-inked edges (CTMH); Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko)
Accents: Dew Drops (Robin's Nest)
Tools: Watercolor Pencils, Blending Pen (CTMH)

Here's the card from Amy, Caelan, and Corbin (Phil too).
And the card from Shanira.

Thanks for looking,

No comments: